WWT Non-Rotating Protectors™ (NRP) are the world’s most widely used mechanical drill-string friction reducer applicable in various well types to optimize energy delivery to bit by significantly reducing torque, drag, casing and riser wear, heat checking and buckling.
Benefits and Features:
- Stand-off between the drill-pipe and wellbore to prevent casing wear, riser wear, and heat-checking – casing integrity
- Sliding and rotating friction factor reduction - torque and drag reduction
- Robust but drillable design proven in the world’s harshest and most challenging wells – proven product
- Comprehensive torque and drag analysis provided with all potential applications – T&D expertise
- Safe and fast installation offline or online without adding connections - safety
- Compatible with oil-based, synthetic based, and water-based mud systems - compatibility
- Cased and open-hole capabilities – longer bit runs
- Placement flexibility for BOP space-out - safety
- Secure installation preventing slippage in high side-force and MPD operations - reliable
- On/off-site technical support and direction - experience
- 30 years of knowledge and experience focused on continual improvement in product design and field operations – customer driven
WWT Non-Rotating Protectors™ are installed on the drillpipe and create a standoff, effectively isolating the drillstring while preventing damage to critical contact areas of the casing and riser. The NRP assembly consists of a low friction advanced polymer sleeve and two aluminum collar clamps that hold the assembly in place to optimize drilling performance.